Betaine HCl with Pepsin and MucoSave® can help alleviate occasional heartburn and indigestion by acidifying the stomach, activating the digestive process and soothing the stomach lining.* MucoSave® contains a patented combination of different extracts of prickly pear cactus (Opuntia ficus indica) and olive leaves (Olea europaea), providing a gentle soothing effect.*
The recommended adult dosage for Betaine HCl with Pepsin and MucoSave® is 1 or 2 capsules with meals up to 3 times daily. For best results, Dr. Michael Murray recommends the HCl challenge method:
• Begin by taking 1 capsule at a meal. If this does not aggravate your symptoms, progressively increase your dosage by 1 capsule per meal, so long as the meal is the same size. (One at the next meal, two at the meal after that, then three at the next meal.)
• Continue to increase the dosage until you are either taking 7 capsules at once or feeling warmth in your stomach, whichever occurs first. A feeling of warmth in the stomach means that you have taken too many capsules, and you need to take one less tablet for a meal that size. It is a good idea to try the larger dose again at another meal to make sure that it was the HCl that caused the warmth and not something else.
• After you have found your proper dosage for large meals, maintain that at all of meals of similar size, taking less at smaller meals.
• When taking a number of capsules, it is best to take them throughout the meal.
• As your stomach begins produce more HCl on its own, you will notice the warm feeling again and will have to decrease your dosage accordingly.
Do not take HCl on an empty stomach. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if suffering from active peptic ulcer, during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children.
A Heartburn A - Primary Recommendation