- Helps maintain healthy metabolism of blood sugar*
- Supports healthy immune and cardiovascular system function*
- Sustainably sourced from barberry seeds
- Promotes a healthy microbiome*
- Targeted release capsule
Nature has a solution for everything, even helping to metabolize blood sugar.*
The alkaloid berberine has long been used for various health benefits. Sustainably sourced from barberry seeds, Enzymedica’s Berberine supports healthy blood sugar already within the normal range, along with the immune and cardiovascular systems.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
What is berberine?
An alkaloid found in many plants, including goldenseal, barberry, Oregon grape and goldthread, berberine has long been used as a natural medicine for a number of common ailments. Over time, science has backed up what common wisdom has long told, especially with its power to boost blood sugar metabolism and promote weight loss.*
What makes Enzymedica's Berberine better?
Enzymedica’s Berberine is sustainably made from barberry seeds, and is encapsulated in a targeted delivery capsule to ensure that all the benefits get right where they’re needed. Without the coating, stomach acid will break down the capsule and cause the berberine to bond with itself, forming insoluble complexes that cannot be absorbed.
What is science saying about it?
There are numerous research studies that support Berberine's use as a dietary supplement. In a series of two double-blind studies, Berberine was found to be influential for healthy weight management.*1,2
In addition, the Journal of Ethnopharmacology published a detailed review of the 27 clinical studies with berberine, giving insight into its safety and efficacy.3 These studies were not performed on Enzymedica's product, but did study the main ingredient, berberine. Dietary supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Yang, J., Yin, J., Gao, H., Xu, L., Wang, Y., and Li, M. Berberine improves insulin sensitivity by inhibiting fat store and adjusting adipokines profile in human preadipocytes and metabolic syndrome patients. Evid. Based Complement. Altern. Med. 2012; 2012: 363845.
2. Perez-Rubio, K.G., Gonzalez-Ortiz, M., Martinez-Abundis, E., Robles-Cervantes, J.A., and Espinel-Bermudez, M.C. Effect of berberine administration on metabolic syndrome, insulin sensitivity, and insulin secretion. Metab. Syndr. Relat. Disord. 2013; 11: 366–369.
3. Lan J, Zhao Y, Dong F, et al. Meta-analysis of the effect and safety of berberine in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, hyperlipemia and hypertension. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Feb 23;161:69-81.
Berberine and berberine-containing plants are not recommended for use during pregnancy.
Berberine may interfere with the absorption of tetracycline and related antibiotics. Berberine produces significant inhibition of CYP3A enzymes in humans. Because these enzymes metabolize most drugs, berberine may decrease the clearance of many medications thereby potentiating their effect.
Take 1 capsule before meals with a glass of water 3 times daily.
Consult with a physician prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications or have a medical condition. CAUTION: This product is not intended for individuals with impaired glucose metabolism such as prediabetes or diabetes.